Hosted by the Rotary Club of Grahamstown Sunset in consultation with Albany Saints and Sinners Multisport Club
- The GBS Mutual Bank Mountain Drive Half Marathon starts and finishes at Graeme College (Somerset Field- use lower entrance at corner of Miles and Selbourne Streets), Grahamstown on Saturday, 24 August 2019. The race starts at 8am for runners AND walkers.
- Pre-entries close at 9am on Wednesday, 21 August at Brian Bands Sports (PE) and Oasis Water (Peppergrove Mall, Grahamstown).
- Online entries close at midnight on Tuesday 20 August.
- There is registration on Friday 23 August 18h00 – 20h00 at the Graemian Centre followed by a pasta evening hosted by Albany Saints and Sinners Multisport at their club house. See the Facebook page for RSVP details. Late entries will be accepted on race day at Graeme College from 6:30am to 7:45am.
- All race officials and marshals are to be obeyed at all times. Unless otherwise directed, all runners are to keep on the right hand side of the road.
- The wearing of earphones or headsets is not permitted due to safety reasons and will lead to disqualification.
- Entrants must be 16 years or older on the day of the race.
- Registered athletes are covered by a group personal accident insurance scheme. Details may be obtained from your club/province. Temporary licensed participants are therefore urged to join an affiliated athletics club. Details obtainable from the EPA Office – phone 041 374 Runners using temporary licenses shall produce proof of age on race day to qualify for prizes. Completion of the tear-off slip for temporary licenses is compulsory. Temporary license numbers are to be displayed on the front of a plain vest/shirt.
- Water tables will be present on the route, with water and Coke. However, in order to LOWER YOUR CARBON (AND PLASTIC) FOOTPRINT, you are requested to run with a hydration pack or your own cup. Our hope is to make this run 100% GREEN within the next 5 years.
- Littering outside the allocated disposal points may lead to disqualification.
- Personal seconding rules apply and wearing of earphones will lead to disqualification.
Rotary Club of Grahamstown Sunset
Tim Dold 082 800 9276 e-mail email@example.com
Albany Saints And Sinners Multisport Club:
Jaco van Dyk 081 531 5299 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our Facebook page at
GBS Mountain Drive Half Marathon